Home protection plans can increase the marketability of a home by providing a “peace of mind” extra that competing homes may not have. We provide information on the various protection plans, but do not endorse one plan over another. We will order the plan for you should you choose to have seller coverage. We do not charge for this service nor are we compensated by the warranty companies.
A home warranty increases marketability:
- Warranted homes sell up to 50% faster than non-warranted homes
- Homes with a warranty sell for about 3% more, on average (Business Week)
- Reduced chance the seller will be asked to reimburse the buyer for a breakdown of a covered component
- Better chance that the closing won’t be delayed by a malfunctioning warranted item
- It provides the buyer with a full year of coverage on the home’s major systems and appliances after they move in.
- In the event that something covered breaks down, only a deductible is paid and the Warranty Company pays the remainder.
Buyer coverage on selected items:
- Central Heating System
- Electric Central Air System
- Interior Plumbing
- Built-in Appliances
The companies vary somewhat on their coverage. It is advised to carefully study the information we provide, so you can determine which plan best suits your needs.
The seller may also have coverage (seller’s coverage) on certain items while the property is listed for sale, even before the coverage is paid for.
Homes sell 60% faster and for a higher price than homes without a home warranty … according to a study by the National Home Warranty Association.